2/13/10

Happy Chinese NEW YEAR!!!

I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed with the work load again, but this year I am going to try super hard to not let it get to me. One step at a time! I will get everything done like I always do. Right now life is pretty busy, but I am finding time to relax, which is good because it helps me stay sane. Oliver has been super supportive like always. He also helps me organize my jumbled thoughts when I'm in a panic.

Teaching is hard. You really have to be prepared... like really really prepared. I've faltered a little but hopefully I'll keep up. I'm still excited to be doing this and I hope they feel the same way. I believe that they will create greatness! And I know that I can do this!

I finally purchased a domain name and will hopefully have a website up and running soon. So far it's "alicewong-art.com" I can't wait to make new business cards too! By the end of the semester I should have a much better portfolio. I spent all day trying to decide on a name for the website and decided that a generic name was the best way to go. Hopefully I'll be able to upload some nice images as well as possible prints I can sell. EXCITED! It'll be cute and fun.

The latest short lesson I'm trying to plan for my students is how to make their own Quill pens. It should be pretty good. Only difficulty was trying to find a supplier that has real feathers and not something processed. I got the students Natural White Turkey feathers. They all seem to enjoy Harry Potter so it'll be great. Also I want to add to the lesson plan. I want them to learn some animation. So I'm going to have them do a 30 second stop motion film in one day. They'll learn the basics and have something to remember after they move on from the class. Right now I have so many academic things, which is great for them to learn, but so boring. Towards the end of the semester I'll have them create their own clay skull like how Dennis has us do. I've always enjoyed that project.

Next week we'll be focusing on composition and measuring! WOO

In a couple weeks Oliver and I will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary. I'm surprised every time because time goes by so fast! As far as I can remember we've always lived together. My parents actually addressed him Oliver. What a nice change ^^ Anyway time for bed.

Toodles for now,
Alice ^^

No comments: