10/23/09

So tired

School is the usual. Work is the usual too. Every Sunday is no homework day. A day where I go wherever/whenever with my hun-buns and do whatever. Recently Oliver and I went to Octoberfest in downtown Campbell which was fun. Streets were filled with drunk hooches, venders, and food (bratwerts are good!). We both have bicycles so we try to go to more places now. Strangely enough Oliver has a French bike, but it's totally vintage cute and it suits his tall-ness. Oliver got me a basket attachment too so it's even more awesome now. Sooo nice to not have to walk. Although rain is an issue... Too scared to ride when it rains...

OH man!!! I have to teach next semester. Extremely nervous about that... I don't feel competent enough to teach yet... Plus most of the kids are about my age. Ah!

I want to decorate the room more. It's so big! Oliver helped me hang up a canopy over my desk. it's cute. I hope to make it more me whenever I can. Maybe add some shelves... I hung out with two great friends recently. One gave me an awesome book from Pascal Campion, signed! And then the other gave me a super cool Jacket. Then they paid for dinner!!! How super thoughtful. The hangout inspired me to make my room more cosy/homey. I've been trying to find warm colors to remind me of the fall in Connecticut. I'm still very homesick.

I also hung out with my roommates recently on a shopping trip. We all needed super cute boots for school. I ended up getting an "Enjoy Coca-Cola" T-shirt, a sweater from the Gap, and cute leather boots perfect for every weather and possibly every outfit.

This week is furlough week and I was hoping to spend it catching up... I'm not doing a good job on that... but I am progressing slowly. Health is okay... I wish I could sleep forever

No comments: